10 Points You Must Note About Medical Non-Woven fabrics
With the rapid advancement in the packaging materials for sterilized products, non-woven fabrics are the materials to use. These products have successfully come to the disinfection supply centers of several hospitals. Get the best quality medical non-woven fabric from an SMS fabric manufacturer. Here are some points you must keep in mind.
Elastic bands are also commonly used in the medical field. Mostly, they are used to tying the face masks. To properly tie your masks, you must get these bands in a bulk from an elastic band supplier
Points To Note About Medical Non-Woven Fabrics:
- Non-woven fabrics used for medical differ from standard non-woven fabrics and composite non-woven fabrics. Standard non-woven fabrics are not bacteria resistant. Composite non-woven fabrics have a waterproof effect. Medical non-woven comprises SMS processes. It has the characteristics of anti-bacterial and protects from danger.
- You must check the quality of the standard requirements for medical non-woven fabric. The material used must be of high quality. The non-woven fabric medically used for the final packaging materials of sterilized medical devices must meet all the requirements.
- Non-woven fabrics are valid for use. The right period to use the medical non-woven fabric is from two to three years. The validity period of the product may vary from a different manufacturer. Always check the instructions to use that are mentioned. The disinfected items packaged in the medical non-woven fabric must have an expiration date of 180 days and are not affected by purification.
- The non-woven fabric used for packaging sterilized items should be 50g/m2, plus or minus 5 grams.
- When you use medical non-woven fabric for packaging surgical instruments, a closed packaging technique must be used. You must make use of two layers of non-woven fabrics that must be packaged twice. The folding that is repeated can form a long curved path. This prevents microorganisms from entering the sterilization package. Two layers of non-woven fabrics cannot be packaged once.
- The internal results of high-temperature sterilization of medical non-woven fabric will alter, affecting the sterilization medium’s penetration and anti-bacterial efficacy. As a result, the medical non-woven fabric should not be sterilized many times.
- As the hydrophobic qualities of nonwoven textiles, bulky and heavy metal equipment may be sterilized at high temperatures. The condensation water forms during the cooling process, making wet packs simple to make. As a result, water-absorbing materials in large equipment packages limit the sterilizer’s loading capacity. Also, it leaves spaces between sterilizing packages, extends the drying time correctly, and avoids damp bags.
- Non-woven fabrics that are one-of-a-kind should be used in hydrogen peroxide low-temperature plasma. As plant fibers absorb hydrogen peroxide, medical non-woven textiles containing plant fibers are ineligible.
- Medical non-woven fabrics are related to the sterilizing quality of medical equipment, even though they are not medical devices. To ensure sterility, a variety of medical non-woven textiles as packaging materials and packaging procedures are required.
- Refer to the manufacturer’s inspection report and product batch inspection report. To assure the quality of the items used, check the physical and chemical qualities of the medical non-woven fabric.